What is purple tea? Purple tea is a rare type of tea that’s exclusively grown and developed in Kenya. It is said to be the next big thing in the health market because of its high levels of antioxidants — more than green tea and black tea. Find out more about the Kenya purple tea below.
What Is Kenya Purple Tea?
Why Is Purple Tea Special?
Purple tea is a rare tea variety grown in Kenya. The purple tea extract is obtained from a new crossbred type of the tea leaf called Camellia sinensis. What makes it purple are the purple and red antioxidants known as anthocyanins. Purple tea also has a distinctive type of polyphenol (GHG), which is not found in other tea varieties.
Purple tea grows in a cool environment at an elevation between 4,500 and 7,500 feet. Because of this elevation, the plants can sustain more sun rays, allowing them to produce high levels of polyphenols and anthocyanins.
Benefits of Polyphenols and Anthocyanins in the Body
Polyphenols function as antioxidants in the body.
- They fight off cell damage.
- Polyphenols help lower the risk of type 2 diabetes by boosting insulin levels.
- They lower inflammation levels by decreasing chemical levels that signal inflammation.
Anthocyanins, like polyphenols, act as antioxidants in the body.
- They enhance heart health by getting rid of oxidative stress, a process that plays a major role in the development of heart diseases.
- Anthocyanins help improve blood sugar metabolism and cholesterol levels.
- They aid in weight reduction.
- They lower the risk of breast cancer.
Purple Tea’s Wonders to the World
On top of the antioxidant benefits of the Kenya purple tea, it is also good for the skin. Skin care products usually contain this ingredient for the formulation of eye creams, anti-aging creams, and anti-wrinkle products. Purple tea helps even out skin tone and improves skin oxygenation. Digestible supplements also use purple tea as an ingredient to fight balding, obesity, and memory loss.
Enjoy the best of both worlds with your own purple tea and toner. Check out these simple how-to’s:
How to Prepare Purple Tea
- Soak the leaves in hot water for several minutes to extract its natural juice. You can add lemon, or any citrus fruit, and honey.
- Drink it twice a day on an empty stomach for maximum benefits.
- See results after two weeks of continuous use.
How to Make Purple Tea Toner
- Brew the leaves.
- Mix in lemon juice.
- Place the mixture in a bottle and chill.
- Use this liquid solution every day to tone your skin.
Don’t forget to download, save, or share this handy infographic for reference:
With the information provided about what is purple tea, you now have a better understanding of its health benefits. It is indeed evident that purple tea is a promising element in the health industry. With its antioxidant, anti-aging, and disease-fighting properties, it can skyrocket to the list of the best ingredients in supplements, skin care products, and diet. So, start to include purple tea in your daily health routine, and take advantage of its wonderful benefits!
When are you going to start making purple tea? Let us know in the comments section.