Do you want to learn how to make lemon water detox and cleanse your body of toxins? You’re three steps away from doing just that!
Know How to Make Lemon Water Detox in Three Easy Steps
Step 1: Prepare the Things You Need
Learning how to make lemon water detox will help you take care of your body.
Lemon is rich in vitamin C, which improves your body’s immunity to fight infection and inflammation. It also has fiber, which aids in digestion.
An animal study revealed lemon juice can help protect the liver, which plays a significant role in metabolism. Most of all, the different detox water recipes like this one are easy to make.
To learn how to make lemon water detox, you need the following:
- Kettle – to boil water
- Teapot – if you want to add tea into the mixture
- Strainer – if you’re using loose leaves or to remove lemon seeds
- Pitcher – to help the water cool down
Step 2: Try These Easy Lemon Detox Water Recipes
There are only two ingredients to make lemon water for detox: lemon and water.
- Squeeze the juices from the fruit using either a glass or a handheld reamer. If you don’t have any, roll the fruit with your hand and squeeze as tightly as you can.
- Strain the seeds so only the juices end up in the glass.
- Add the water.
Do you want to know how to make hot lemon water? Just pour some boiling water into the cup, and you’re good to go.
Using hot water also makes it an excellent morning lemon water recipe. The heat will help stimulate your digestive system and reduce bloatedness.
Now you know the simplest way on how to make lemon water detox, you can spice it up a bit with other ingredients. These can help add more flavor and increase the benefits of the detox in the body.
1. Lemon Water Recipe with Green Tea
You can drink this detox water first thing in the morning when you haven’t eaten anything yet. It will help boost your metabolism for the day and will surely get you going!
Here’s how to make it:
- Steep an organic green tea bag with a cinnamon stick in hot water for around 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in 1/2 to 1 tbsp. of raw honey, a pinch of cayenne, and juice squeezed from half a lemon.
- Enjoy your cup of lemon water with green tea!
If you want a pick-upper, you can substitute green tea with black tea. The latter has about a third of the usual caffeine from coffee.
2. Ginger and Lemon Water Recipe
Adding ginger to your lemon water is one of the effective ways to improve your digestion. Ginger can help speed up your bowel movements and may even reduce bloating or gas.
It will also aid you in controlling your hunger pangs. It can work as a natural appetite suppressant.
Here’s how to make lemon water detox with a hint of ginger:
- Slice at least an inch of ginger root, peel it, and grate it.
- Place the grated ginger in a teapot of hot water.
- Let it steep for at least three minutes.
- Squeeze lemon juice and add it to the mixture.
If you cannot get fresh ginger root, you can look for its powdered version. Because these are much smaller granules, you can use hot water instead of going through the boiling process.
Just make sure the ginger you’re using is pure, which means it doesn’t have additives or fillers.
The taste of ginger takes some getting used to. If you want the spiciness, you can tone it down with honey.
It will still be good for you since real honey has anti-bacterial properties. While it’s still sugar, it’s a much better option than the artificial ones.
3. Bottled Lemon Juice Water Detox
Can you make detox water from a bottled lemon juice? The answer is yes, but it’s essential it is pure lemon juice.
It should not have any ingredient, especially sugar. Here’s how to make lemon water with bottled lemon juice:
- Boil some water in a kettle. Place it in a serving pitcher or a glass for cooling.
- Add a spoonful of lemon juice from the bottle and combine it with water.
- Serve with ice to make it even refreshing.
Step 3: Decide How Much Lemon Juice to Put in the Water
One of the common questions when learning how to make lemon water detox is, how much lemon juice should you add?
For starters, you want to add the juice from a fresh piece of lemon.
Note, though, many factors can affect the final product. These include the size and quality of the lemon, as well as your manner of squeezing.
Some people may not tolerate the acidic flavor of the lemon juice. If this is you, begin in small quantities.
As you drink the detox water often, your body can build up a tolerance. You can then add more lemon juice into the mixture.
Detox with Purple Tea
Making lemon water detox is one way to rid the body of impurities, but in addition to what you consume, we also advise following a proper daily skincare routine with organic products.
Purple tea can help fight off free radicals and boost the skin with antioxidants if your goal is to fight off the bad effects of toxins on your skin.
Taking care of your health doesn’t have to be complicated. When you need to improve your digestion or speed up your metabolism, do a lemon water detox.
Try the lemon water with your morning recipe, for example, to jump-start your day. You can also combine it with your favorite fruit or tea to add more flavor and enjoy your drink.
What are your favorite lemon water detox recipes? Share them in the comments section below!