Do you really need a day cream in your daily skin care routine? Read on to discover how it can do wonders for your skin in this article!
RELATED: How To Look Younger With Purple Tea
In this article:
- What Is a Day Cream?
- Who Should Use a Day Cream?
- Why Should You Use a Day Cream?
- How Do You Use a Day Face Cream?
- When Is the Best Time to Apply a Moisturizing Cream?
- Why Choose Purple Tea Day Cream?
A Day Cream Can Be Your Skin’s Saving Grace
What Is a Day Cream?
Day creams are a type of skin care product that protects and nourishes the skin. Day creams shield the skin from the damaging effects of ultra-violet rays, environmental stressors, pollution, and makeup.
Day creams normally contain three key ingredients:
- Caffeine – makes the skin look firmer and energized
- Anti-oxidants – help combat the damaging effects of free radicals
- SPF – helps protect the skin from the sun’s aging and burning effects
Day creams can serve as a makeup base, which is why the skin needs to absorb it quickly to allow the skin pores to breathe. As such, manufacturers often use light and non-greasy ingredients in their day creams.
To help protect the skin against premature aging, day creams contain retinoids and alpha-hydroxy acids.
Day cream manufacturers limit the amount of these ingredients to prevent heightened skin sensitivity to the sun. Another reason is to optimize effectiveness because mixing tons of active ingredients together can diminish the effectiveness of day creams.
Who Should Use a Day Cream?
Because of the skin care benefits of using a day cream, everybody should use it, although there are people who need it more than others.
- People with dry skin need to use it to keep their skin hydrated and moisturized throughout the day.
- People who are regularly outdoors need it for sun protection.
- Those who are starting to have lines on their face need it for its anti-aging effects.
- People who are conscious of their uneven skin tone or rough patches should use it to help smoothen the appearance of facial skin.
Why Should You Use a Day Cream?
People usually skip day creams because they’re usually in a hurry to leave the house or just cannot be bothered. Not giving the skin a protective barrier will put it at a higher risk for premature aging and damage when constantly exposed to the sun, wind, and pollution.
These are the three important benefits of day cream to one’s skin:
- It protects the skin from the sun, pollution, and oxidative stress. Day creams have SPF or sun protection factor that protects the skin from harmful UV rays.
- It’s a good makeup base. Not only does a day cream help protect facial skin, but it can also prep it up for makeup application. Even for women who don’t put on makeup, a day cream can nourish the skin and make it look supple.
- It heals the skin. Using a day cream can help make one’s skin tone more even, moisturize it, and treat imperfections.
What is oxidative stress? It refers to the imbalance of antioxidants and free radicals that causes damage to the cells and tissues of the body.
How Do You Use a Day Face Cream?
Here are the steps to ensure you’re applying your day cream the right way:
- Wash the face using lukewarm water. On the last rinse, splash the face with cold water and use a soft towel to gently pat dry.
- Apply skin toner using a cotton pad or ball. Doing so helps tighten pores and restore the skins pH balance.
- If using eye cream, dab the cream gently beneath the eyes with your ring finger.
- Start dabbing day cream on the face in small dots, focusing on the trouble spots like the forehead and cheeks. Stay clear of areas that can be very oily like the creases of the nostrils. For combination skin, focus on the dry areas and minimize application on the oily areas.
- Massage the day cream into the facial skin gently using upward and small circular movements. No need to apply it around the eyes.
- Put some on the neck, too, because it’s also a fast-aging area that needs extra care and attention.
- Wait for the skin to completely absorb the day cream before putting makeup on.
Tip: The preferred method of application is now patting the product instead of rubbing the product in circular motions. Patting allows the skin to absorb the product better.
When Is the Best Time to Apply a Moisturizing Cream?
- After washing the face – The American Academy of Dermatology says the optimal time to apply moisturizer is when the skin is still damp as this can seal in the hydration benefits of the cream. That’s why it’s important to apply a day cream before the skin is dry.
- Before putting on makeup – As mentioned earlier, day creams can also act as a very good foundation or makeup primer.
- Before sun exposure – It’s also a good idea to bring a handy sunscreen lotion with you for reapplication. Reapply it every two hours of being under the sun or quickly after sweating.
- After a flight – This is because an airplane’s cabin has very dry air which can dry one’s skin easily.
- Before leaving the house – While it doesn’t provide the same coverage as makeups do, a day cream can help minimize skin imperfections and give your skin a healthy glow.
- At night – If you run out of night cream, feel free to use your day cream instead.
Why Choose Purple Tea Day Cream?
Purple tea is a rare, cross-bred variety of the common tea called Camellia Sinensis, which is only available in Kenya.
Kenyan farmers grow purple tea in cool and high areas, around 4,500 to 7,500 feet above sea level. Doing so exposes the leaves to stronger sun rays, making it increase its own levels of anthocyanins and polyphenols naturally.
Anthocyanins and polyphenols are anti-oxidants, which help combat oxidative stress in the body by fighting free radicals. Purple teas have 15 times more anthocyanins than blueberries and their polyphenols are stronger than those of regular teas.
The Purple Tea Hydrating Day Cream is one of the best purple tea day creams in the market today. It’s really worth checking out.
A day cream is a staple in any skin care routine. That’s why everybody who wants to keep their skin to be healthy, moisturized, and young-looking should make using it a habit.
Are you already using a day cream as part of your skin care routine? How is your experience with it so far? Let us know in the comments section below!